I’m Self Employed. Why Do I Need LinkedIn?
Many self-employed people ignore LinkedIn because they believe that LinkedIn is only for people looking for a job.
That’s just not true.
LinkedIn is a great resource for self-employed people. LinkedIn can help you find new clients, and can help you stay connected to your professional network.
With just a little bit of setup, and very little ongoing maintenance, you can create a LinkedIn profile that really works for your business. Your profile does almost all of the work for you!
LinkedIn For The Self-Employed
LinkedIn is a social media site that allows people to share their resumes. But if you are self employed, you can think of the resume as a professional summary.
Your website and website tell people about you, but not in the same way as your professional summary. Your LinkedIn profile gives you the chance to give people a snapshot of your experience and expertise in an at-a-glance format.
From your LinkedIn profile, potential clients can:
- Review your relevant experience.
- Read what past clients say about working with you.
- Directly jump to your website, blog, and social media sites.
- Download and print your summary for their records.
My LinkedIn Basics Webinar
Since 2009, I have been teaching people how to use LinkedIn.
- I’ve taught individual clients.
- I’ve conducted live training sessions.
- I’ve spoke to civic and community organizations.
- I’ve done introductory webinars.
The results are always amazing. People take what they learn and put it into use right away! Then I get excited phone calls or emails from them when they start getting attention because of their LinkedIn profile.
Now, I’m going to make this information available to self-employed people everywhere through a live course called LinkedIn Basics For Self-Employed People . This is an interactive course where you learn:
- Why LinkedIn is important for every self-employed person.
- The 5 benefits of using LinkedIn.
- How to convert your resume to a professional summary.
- Go from boring to engaging by adding your personality.
- Tips for focusing on what potential clients want to learn about you.
- Where to find and connect with people you already know.
- Sure-fire strategy to ask for (and receive) recommendations.
This is exactly what you need to know to build a LinkedIn foundation that works 24/7 for your business. I’ll show you how to build or improve your LinkedIn profile one step at a time. I’ll also share with you things I learned the hard way so you can avoid the mistakes I made in my own LinkedIn journey.
In addition, I’ll show you how to:
- Write your professional summary to pull in potential clients.
- Decide when to include jobs where you worked for other people.
- Organize your profile so potential clients can easily find you.
- Add information about your volunteer activities and professional organizations.
- Identify skills and expertise that pinpoint your strengths.
The LinkedIn Basics For Self-Employed People webinar provides all of the information you need to create your LinkedIn profile or update your existing profile.
The LinkedIn Basics For Self-Employed People webinar provides 1 hour of instruction. During this hour:
- I’ll walk you through the information using slides and other visuals.
- We’ll have time for questions and answers at the end of the session.
Even though the session is scheduled for one hour, I’ll stay on the webinar until all of your questions are answered.
A few extra points:
- The sessions may run a little longer if there are lots of questions.
- Attending the webinar on your lunch hour? You can leave at any time, especially if the session runs over.
- All registered attendees can download a recording of the session for later reference.
Here’s What You Get
With the LinkedIn Basics For Self-Employed People webinar , you get:
- 1 hour of online instruction
- Unlimited access to the webinar recordings (posted within 24 hours after the session)
- Webinar recording you can download to your computer to keep forever
- Inspiration and practical guidance to create a LinkedIn profile that will work hard for your business!
I Don’t Have Time For Another Social Network!
I know you are busy. I am, too. That’s why I’ve worked hard to find the best tips and strategies that let you get the most value from LinkedIn with the very least time investment.
Don’t misunderstand what I’m saying. LinkedIn has a full range of features, and you could spend an hour or more every day out there “networking.” Some of you may find that you like spending additional time on LinkedIn.
However, my goal for this webinar is to teach you how to get set up smart so you don’t have to invest hours every month to get value from LinkedIn. I don’t have extra hours each month, but I do need new leads. And my LinkedIn profile sends me several potential clients every month.
I Don’t Really Have A Resume
If you have been self-employed for a while, chances are that you either don’t have a resume, or the one you have is dramatically out of date.
With a professional summary, you only need to talk about what’s relevant to your potential customers today. They don’t care who paid your salary 10 years ago or your job title. They want to know how you can solve their problems today. Right now.
Where Do I Sign Up?
Use this PayPal button to reserve your space in the LinkedIn Basics For Self-Employed People webinar on Friday, March 22 at 1 pm EDT (that’s 10 am in Phoenix) for $75.