Check-in services are becoming very popular with big brands, especially Foursquare. If your business has a physical location where customers visit you, there are many advantages for incorporating Foursquare into your social media plan. Here’s some ideas for how big brands are using Foursquare.
- Before You Start: You use social media for your business. You are considering using a check-in service with your storefront business.
- Learning level: 4 | Creating Solutions
- Article Last Updated: Thursday, April 4, 2013
Big Brands Using Foursquare
Foursquare, one of the most popular check-in services, has been in the press a lot lately. There are many new business partnerships they have announced, along with enhancements to their product and services.
Here are just a few of the recent tidbits (April 2010):
- California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger uses Foursquare to let his constituents know about his activities.
- Jimmy Choo is doing a promotion in London to promote their newest shoes.
- Foursquare now makes it easy for businesses to claim their business on the service and add promotions.
- Wall Street Journal has created three badges for financial related check-ins in New York City.
- Foursquare offers window clings and stickers for businesses to promote that they are Foursquare friendly.
- VH1 is adding tips to Foursquare locations to provide pop culture background about specific locations. Also, Foursquare tips are starting to show up in on-air programming like What Chili Wants.
- Zagat has created special foodie badges for 5 American cities.
- Bravo! television has created a series of badges and a special partnership with Foursquare.
- The History Channel is providing tips for special locations to support its new series, America, The Story of Us.
I have used Foursquare, Whrrl, and Gowalla, and of these three, Foursquare has the best business owner support (so far). I’m not surprised to see them adding more business owner services or getting public attention.
If you are ready to take advantage of the check-in craze, this is the perfect time to start using Foursquare to promote your business. Learn more about the check-in services the mobile internet revolution, proximity marketing, and Foursquare on my site today.
What are you waiting for?
Your turn: Have you tried Foursquare or any of the check-in services? Are your customers checking in at your business? Share your experience.