Facebook allows you to maintain your event information before and after the event. This is the third article in our series about creating Facebook business events.
- Before You Start: You created a Facebook event and invited people to attend.
- Learning Level: 3 | Building Skills
- Article Last Updated: Sunday, December 4, 2011
Manage Your Facebook Event
- Update Event Details. At any time, you can update the event details and features. Click Edit Event. From here, you can edit the event information.
- View The Guest List. You can view a list of all RSVPs that includes separate lists for people who are attending, might attend, declined, have not yet responded, and blocked. Click See All or View and choose the RSVP status from the drop-down list under View Guest List window name to see this information.
- Remove People From The Guest List. You can remove anyone from the guest list in any RSVP status. To remove a person, display the guest list, locate their name in a guest list, hover the mouse over their name, click X (remove), and click Okay to confirm.
- Block People From The Event. You can ban a person from the event. To block someone, display their name in a guest list, click X (remove), click the Ban Permanently checkbox, and click Okay to confirm. You can see a list of blocked people in the Blocked status in the guest list.
Message People Who Like Your Page. You can send out a message to all or some of the people who like your page. Click Update Fans Of, type the message, and click Send. To restrict which people receive this message, check Target This Update checkbox and provide geographic or demographic restrictions.
- Add An Additional Event Administrator. The person who created the event is automatically added as the event administrator. You can add other administrators to help you manage the event. View the guest list for any RSVP status, locate the person in the list, and click Make Admin.
- Cancel The Event. If you need to cancel the event, click Edit Event, click Cancel This Event, type a personal message, and click Okay. Facebook sends the message to everyone invited to your event.
Your turn: Have you used any of these Facebook event management features? Share your experience here.