Looking for a great introduction to Twitter for business use? This short ebook provides you with the information you need to understand Twitter before and after you open your account.
- Before You Start: You want to start using Twitter. Some of the topics make more sense after you have a little experience using Twitter.
- Learning Level: 1 | Social Media Basics
- Article Last Updated: Wednesday, August 17, 2011
- Ebook Last Updated: May 13, 2011
Twitter For Beginners Ebook
Note: Updated version (version 7) is now available!
Twitter is a great communication tool for companies who want to embrace social media. But Twitter is something brand new, and is unlike anything else you have ever used. That makes it a little harder to understand at first. The Twitter For Beginners ebook is designed for anyone who is thinking about using Twitter, or anyone who has jumped into the Twitter swimming pool but isn’t happy with their Twitter experience.Download Now!
This short ebook (only 32 pages) covers the basics and explains many of the Twitter features. Here’s some of what you learn in the Twitter For Beginners ebook:
- Basic overview of Twitter and how it works
- Importance of defining your Twitter business goal
- Best practices for setting up your Twitter account profile
- Strategies for defining your Twitter community
- Guidelines for crafting effective messages
- Procedures for using each message type
- Deciphering message components and their importance
- Planning weekly activities that build your Twitter success
- Start using Twitter on your text-message enabled cell phone
Reading & Printing
The ebook is designed to be read on your monitor. You can read it online, or you can download it to your computer and read it there. You can click on any of the links (in orange) to access the articles and information mentioned. If you don’t want to read it on your screen, you can print the ebook, but you won’t be able to click the links.
Share This Ebook
This ebook has the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License. This means you can email it, print it, tweet about it, post it on your Facebook wall, and share it any way you like with two exceptions. You must not change the ebook in any way, and you cannot sell it.
What’s New In This Edition
This is the seventh version of this ebook and is updated and expanded from the previous version. It is one page longer, and now includes information about using new Twitter and its features. If you have an older version, download the new version today!
Your turn: Let us know how the Twitter for Beginners ebook helped your business on your social media journey.
- Twitter Is Like Attending A Party
- Understanding Your Twitter Community
- Twitter Profile Checklist
- Your Twitter Web Link Options
- Twitter Search and Saved Searches
- Grow Your Twitter Community
- Communicate With Your Twitter Community
- Help! My Twitter Account is Suspended!!
- Twitter Conversation Checklist
- 6 Reasons Why Potential Customers Won’t Follow You on Twitter
- Using Your Twitter Goals